A relative has passed away

We understand that losing a friend or relative is difficult, but we can help to guide you through what you need to do about their Futures home when the time comes.

If you are ending a tenancy on behalf of a relative who has passed away, you will need to complete the End of tenancy form or call us on 0300 456 2531.

What happens next?

Once we have been informed, you will have four weeks to clear the property. Rent is payable until the end of this period. We will also make an appointment with you for a surveyor to come out and inspect the property.

If the relative was claiming housing benefit, then the benefit will end from the Sunday after they day they died.

We will also need a copy of the death certificate to end the tenancy. This doesn't have to be the original, you can take a good quality photo and send this to us via email at enquiries@futureshg.co.uk. If you live in one of our private rent homes, the person named in the Will can end the tenancy therefore we require a copy of this too.