I want to report loud/racing vehicles on my street

Any loud vehicle disturbances should be reported directly to the police on 101. This includes mopeds or motorbikes, as well as any cars racing up and down the streets causing noise or a nuisance.

How to report antisocial behaviour

In some cases we may be able to take action, however what that action may look like is not as straightforward as a single answer for a number of reasons.

What we can be clear on is that if it is not a Futures customerwe cannot take action.

We may need to work with partner agencies for any action to be taken, so it’s important you report to the Police in the first instance. After this, keep a diary incident log.doc of the times and dates of any incidents for at least two weeks before contacting us. Make a note of what time this started, how long it lasted, and the impact it had on you, your family, or your home. By providing diary sheets, this will enable a Neighbourhood officer to investigate and consider whether there is anything we can do, we will then contact you to explain how we deal with noise complaints.

It is important to remember that with vehicle noise complaints, there is often no straightforward situation or answer and our enforcement options are very limited.

When you have logged the repeated incidents, you can report this to be investigated by our neighbourhoods team by sending your incident log.doc via email to us at enquiries@futureshg.co.uk.

You will need to tell us about the issue, and what, if anything, you’ve tried to resolve this yourself. For example, if you’ve spoken to your neighbour directly and if you know of anyone else who is experiencing the same issue.

We’ll also need to know if you’ve reported this to the police or local authority, and if you have a reference number.

Please remember, we can only investigate reports of antisocial behaviour with your neighbour if they are also a Futures customer and you’ll need to provide their address. If the vehicle(s) belongs to a visitor of a Futures customer we can still look into this, as customers are also responsible for visitors to their home.

If your neighbour doesn’t live in a Futures home, you can speak to the council or police for advice on how to deal with this issue.

What we’ll do

When we receive your query, it will be triaged by the customer services team to make sure you’ve provided all the information we need, and then it will be passed to a neighbourhood officer for investigation. They will get in touch with you within 5 working days.

If at any point you or someone else is threatened or you feel a crime is being committed, please contact the police. Always dial 999 in an emergency.