There's water coming from a plastic pipe on the outside of the property ( overflow )

It’s coming from above my top windows

This is an overflow from the header tank. You can isolate the tank by turning off the stop tap in the airing cupboard in a clockwise direction. This will be a brass tap, usually found above the hot water cylinder.

Do not turn any other valves on or off, including the red wheel valve, which should be left open. When you’ve used some hot water, you can manually fill the tank back up by opening the stop tap for a minute or so, and then turn it back off. This means you’ll be able to continue to use the hot water until we can come out to repair it.

It’s coming from just above my bottom windows

This likely to be an overflow from your toilet. You can isolate the toilet by using the service valve or stop tap on the pipe going up to the cistern. This valve could be anywhere on the pipe leading up to the cistern and should be turned a quarter turn to isolate the water supply. You can turn the valve back on to fill the toilet when you’ve flushed it which means you can continue to use the toilet until we can get out to repair it.

Most new toilets have built in overflows where the water runs into the toilet bowl and this can be isolated in the same way.

How do I report a repair?

You can report a repair to us at anytime, anywhere using My Account or contact us via Live Chat. Let us know when reporting that you’ve followed the advice and what you’ve tried to get it working, this helps us to assess what to do next to get the right person for the job.