I suspect a crime has been committed in my neighbourhood, what should I do?

You should always call 999 in an emergency if someone is in a danger, or if the crime is in progress.

Otherwise, you can report the incident to the Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111 or visiting crimestoppers-uk.org.

When reporting to us, make sure you include the crime or incident reference number you have been given. Provide us with a brief description of what happened, and the person involved. You can do this via our online form or email us at enquiries@futureshg.co.uk.

What we can do

Neighbourhood officers can investigate tenancy related crimes alongside other agencies such as the community safety partnership (CSP) and attend joint visits with the police. However, you should be aware that in criminal matters, we may have to rely on the outcomes of any prosecution charges.

It is useful for us to be aware of alleged incidents, but our neighbourhoods team are likely to speak to the police rather than the person involved so we don’t interfere with any police investigations.