How do I claim Universal Credit?

Claims for Universal Credit are completed online via Universal Credit - GOV.UK ( or if you have access issues or are unable to use the internet then you can call the Universal Credit helpline for free on 0800 328 5644.

What should I do if I think my Universal Credit is wrong?

Get in touch with your work coach by calling Universal Credit or adding a query note on your journal section asking for your work coach to contact you to review your claim.

If you are unable to get a satisfactory explanation of your claim from your work coach, you can contact the team via Live Chat, email or by giving us a call and speaking to one of our trained Customer Service Advisors. Where you have no one else to help you, we can refer you into our Tenancy Support Team who can help you manage a successful tenancy including maximising your income, reducing debt and budgeting.